How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3319
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

I need to apply to the court to remove my partner from our

This answer was rated:

I need to apply to the court to remove my partner from our tenancy agreement
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I spoke with the housing association and they told us all we needed to do was to send in a letter requesting my partner be removed and me to become the sole tenant. We did this but after my partner paid for a PCR fit to fly test and booked a plane ticket because him mother was gravely ill we received a letter telling us we need to sign paperwork together in front of them so they can witness it. I have taken a recording of my partner signing a second declaration and a recording of him reading it out but the housing association won't accept it and are telling me I need to apply to the court to get him removed
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: I have worked all my life (47 years) and just lost my job and am now on benefits so don't have any spare money for a lawyer
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just need my partner removed from the tenancy so I can go ahead with a home swap to a different part of the country

Good afternoon to you, I'm Lea and I am going to assist you today.

You'll be pleased to know that it is actually a very straightforward process to apply to court. You fill in form D50B and write a supporting statement and then send or take the documents to your local county court. The court will list the matter for a hearing - probably via the phone - and make an order.

You can attach the letters/documents your ex has already signed to prove that he is in agreement - but he will be invited to attend the hearing in any case, and if he's abroad it won't matter as the hearing will almost certainly be by phone.

Form D50B is here:

You will need to check with the court counter the cost for filing this application. But if you are on a low income/benefits you may be entitled to fee remission. See form EX160:

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

  1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is: 0808(###) ###-####/li>
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** complete the form now
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Here ar the two letters he has signed

You're very welcome.

All the best.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I don't understand this form

Unfortunately this is just a Q&A site so I cannot assist you with completing the form - you will need to find a solicitor if you cannot complete it by yourself. Often CAB will have solicitors available to assist for free so you might want to try there first.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok. Thank uou

You're very welcome

All the best.

SASH_Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Is there any chance you can send me the link to download a Div19 from? This is the one a solicitor told me is best to use.

Please post your question in a new thread.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Sorry I don't understand

This thread is closed.

You need to post your new request in a new thread.

All the best.