How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK Solicitor John Your Own Question
UK Solicitor John
UK Solicitor John, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1396
Experience:  8 years legal experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK Solicitor John is online now

I booked 1 holiday, paid for in full, and paid a deposit for

This answer was rated:

I booked 1 holiday, paid for in full, and paid a deposit for another holiday with National holidays. In March of this year they went into Administration since then they have started to trade again. I have tried to recoup my money. Could you help me?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I live in the UK, and the holiday company is also in the UK.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I tried to get the money through the bank Barclays was unsuccessful.l have tried email address they just keep fobbing me off.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No only if he would help me. The money is £738 & £97.

Hello thanks for your message and welcome to JustAnswer.

What you need to do is write them a formal “Letter Before Action”. In this letter you will need to state the amount you are seeking to recover and the reasons why. You will also need to give them a deadline to raise the payment by, usually it is 30 days in which to receive payment.

If payment is not received within 30 days, then you will need to issue a claim against them in the small claims court. You can do this by visiting this site

Or you can do it by post by using form N1 which you can find here Form N1: Make a claim against a person or organisation (Claim form CPR Part 7) - GOV.UK and posting it to:

County Court Money Claims Centre

PO Box 527


Greater Manchester

M5 0BY

Due to the value of the claim you do not need a solicitor and can do this yourself. Once you issue the claim, interest will be added onto the amount from the day you issue until the date judgment is awarded. This is pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act 1984. There will be an issue fee to pay, but you will recover this back.

It may very well be that the letter before action you send will make them pay promptly and you do not need to issue, but incase they don’t pay you, then the letter before action enables you to be able to start proceedings against them.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Hello, I hope I have helped clarify matters for you today. Please let me know if you have any further questions. I will be happy to help. All the best. John.

UK Solicitor John and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you