How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Chendo Your Own Question
Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2091
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
Type Your Law Question Here...
Anthony Chendo is online now

Can I apply to a court to amend a particular of claim form,

This answer was rated:

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Can I apply to a court to amend a particular of claim form
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I sent a form to the court but it wasn't drafted properly
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It's out of date


Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays but i will respond within 24 hours.

If the particulars of claim has not been sent to your opponent then you do not need to apply to amend the document and you can send the revised version to the court.

However if it has been sent to your opponent then you will have to apply for permission to amend the the particulars of claim by completing form N244 and relying on CPR rule 17 to support your request.

Please see below links for the law in question and how to obtain the N244 application plus its guidance notes:

I hope i have clarified the position, if not please let me know.

Thanks and stay safe.

Anthony Chendo and 5 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you
The solicitor said it is more than 4 months old, can it still be amended?