Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

In 2017 I was issued with. parking fine at the local

In 2017 I was issued with. parking fine at the local hospital. `I had looked up the hospital before hand and found that parking was free. However, it seems that you are prompted, and required, when you enter the hospital, to put in you car registration number. That day I visited the breast screening unit van in the car park so did not entered the building. I had not long moved and had not changed my address on my log book having thought that informing the DVLA of my chase of address for my license would cover all related areas to do with the vehicle. I did not, therefore get any notifications and did not pay the fine. A CCJ was issued back in 2017 and I have only just discovered it. I have had not problems caused by it in the past three years. If I do not pay, will it expire in another three years?
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: No I don't think so.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Yes if the debt remains unpaid for another 3 years it will be removed from the register. Further after six years without contact or acknowledgement has passed, legal action to enforce the debt is barred.

Please see below a link to which gives further information about the CCJ situation for your consideration.

http://cleardebt.co.uk/debt-help/debt-help-guides/out-of-date-debt

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** is that if this debt has not caused me any problems for this period of time and also because even if I paid it would remain on my credit file, I will let it run its course. Do you think this is a reasonable course of action or in-action?! A

My advice is to seek to resolve the matter because they can still enforce the debt by sending the bailiffs to recover the value of the debt. That said you can do nothing and hope nothing happens

I hope I have clarified the position if not please let me know.