How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mina Counsel Your Own Question
Mina Counsel
Mina Counsel, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 756
Experience:  Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
Mina Counsel is online now

Need a Family/child abuse solicitor, as my kids are taken

This answer was rated:

Need a Family/child abuse solicitor, as my kids are taken away by their mum. And because the mum has abused them multiple times before, I trust they are in danger. And need urgent help, as Police is slow on the case
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Not yet, But I have reported this to social services and Police. But I am stuck as it is too slow on their end
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Cheshire (Stockport).
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I know where kids are and would like lawyer to advise if I should take them away

Hello, welcome to Just Answer! My name is ***** ***** I am a London based practising barrister with over 15 years experience. I am happy to assist you today. I may need to ask you some questions in order to determine your legal position and I will provide you with an email advice on the same day. Thank you.

There will be an automatic generated phone call offer should you wish to speak to me directly for a fixed fee with no time limit.

(Please note this is NOT always an instant chat service therefore I may not be able to reply immediately. Rest assured that I am dealing with your query and will get back to you the same day. / within 24 hours if it's outside office hours.)

I am so sorry to hear about you are going through.

First of all, we need to establish your parental rights, are you named on the birth certificates?

How old are the kids and do you have a child arrangement order in place?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I am named on birth certificate, so has equal rights as per marriage. Kids are 4 and 2. There is no arrangement in place either. She took them away but after some digging, I believe they are in a Refuge place.
What is the fixed fee for calls to speak to you directly?

Thank you for the information. JustAnswer charges £44 for a phone call.

I am also happy to provide text advice at no extra costs.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Will call you shortly. Just putting money now

Sure. Please click on the phone call option when you are ready. Thank you.

Mina Counsel and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

It was nice speaking to you. Take care.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.