How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MarianC Your Own Question
MarianC, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 698
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MarianC is online now

I hold Powers of Attorney for a friend who pays for being in

This answer was rated:

I hold Powers of Attorney for a friend who pays for being in a Care Home. We want to move her to another Home, can I do this?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I have been in contact for six months waiting for new Care Home to be open and a date has been set for friend to be accepted on 27th Oct
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Kenley
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am apprehensive that her present Care Home will let me move her

Good afternoon. Do you have power of attorney for your friend for Health and Welfare? Does she have any mental capacity?

Kind regards


MarianC and 7 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I have power of Attorney for Health and welfare. I wouldn't think she has mental capacity