12826847

I would like a UK based lawyer to review a letter I am

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I would like a UK based lawyer to review a letter I am writing to a train company who had been given my name as a person they stopped without a ticket.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I am in the UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Written the letter
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

What can I do for you?>

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I would like a UK based lawyer to review a letter I am writing to a train company who had been given my name as a person they stopped without a ticket.

Yes go on?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Shall I attach the letter?

Yes,ok.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
File attached (3L7P2SG)

Right, have you been summonsed to court?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.

When are you in court?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The hearing is for the 14th of December

Is that for trial or first appearance though?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
First appearance I believe

Thanksfor the information

The letter you have written is great. It setsup your defence and, if it is true, then they can investigate it to theirhearts content and should only find evidence in your favour.

As a matter of principle, it isn't the bestidea in the course of criminal defence work to set out your defence . There'slots of reasons for it and there are occasions when one has to .

This is not such a case because there is noobligation to write defence statements and there's no inference to be drawn ifyou stay silent.

However, I think as a matter of policy, it isa good idea to send this. There is time for them to review it before the case .Your defence is not going to change and since you have a fairly cast iron alibiit doesn't really matter when you tell them.

If they don't review it then don't bedespondent. They regularly ignore these things. Just send it in in the hopethat they do consider it and if they don't prepare for a fight.

It doesn't matter for the first appearance butif they will not accept this and have a trial then your employer needs to cometo court as a statement will not be agreed and anyway that is not in sectionnine form but we can look at that later .

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a waythat is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will bemore than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once againfor using our services.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok, thats great. Thanks.

No problem.

All the best.

Remember that I am always available tohelp with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usuallypick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start yourquestion with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!”