12826847

Out of the blue and some 18 years since I last saw a former

Out of the blue and some 18 years since I last saw a former employer who I cleaned for a period of 8 years has telephoned me accussing me of taking 2 very petty items and a gold rolex watch. I protested my innocence and she has now written to me to demand these items be returned. I have not responded but if a third communication occurs I itend to speak to the police myself and notify her that she is causing me malcious haressment by a registered letter. Surely I cannot be hounded like this. No proof how can there be. Will the police even take these accusations seriously. The lady in question is now 86 but is quite lucid as far as I can tell. Am I taking the correct action?

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Thanksfor the information

I'm not sure which allegations you mean.

If either of you complain to the police thenthere are authorities that say that they have to consider every complaint.

If she makes an allegation of theft then theywill consider it. Whether they can prove it or not is another matter but it islikely that you would be spoken to.

In terms of reporting her, the short answer isthat it depends how many time she has contacted You. One adverse contact is notadequate. There needs to be to answer vexation before harassment arises andthis is not really a malicious communication. It doesn't contain obscenities oran unlawful stretch. It just makes a false allegation .

However, you may as well write to her warningher that you consider this the first act of vexation. I have found generallybut when dealing with false allegations the best means of defence is to attackand turn it around all them and say that if they continue with these slanderousremarks she will take legal action .

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a waythat is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will bemore than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once againfor using our services.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!”