Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Could you tell me if i have taken a deposit on a engine

Hi, could you tell me if i have taken a deposit on a engine build and am not happy with the way the customer re acted to the final price, am i with in my rights to return the deposit to him under the circumstances
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Just a price vie email
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: i build racing engines and this man is not trusting me we the parts i have put in it the engine i have built for him, so i would like to give him his depost back
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi, i have taken a deposit and i will return it asap if this is with in my rights
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
The engine is my engine which i rebuilt to his spec and it came in just over the price i gave him and i am not happy with his reaction as he told me he would take me to court if i dident let him have it for the price i give him on a email

Hi thank you for your message, I appreciate this is important to you so I will endeavour to give you a quick but clear answer. Please note this is note a chat service so responses may not be instantaneous. If you have a written contract then reference should be made to the contract but if there is no such written contract then yes you can return the deposit and keep the engine to sell to another customer. Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.