JoeN819
JoeN819,
Experience:  Expert
109896636

I did ask andpay for a question yesterday but I am very

I did ask andpay for a question yesterday but I am very willing to pay to ask the following related question-
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in South Devon, the question is- I understand that under the Corona Virus Act a landlord has to give six months notice to a tenant on a periodic lease. If during that six months the tenant wishes to leave how much notice does the tenant have to give to the landlord. Currently I am required to give 2 months notice, will that still apply?
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None, I received a letter from the Landlord’s Agent giving me two months notice of a new contract with a large (32%) rent increase or to vacate the property after two months. I took advice from you yesterday and was told the landlord has to give six months notice. So therefore my question is how much notice do I have to give.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thank you.

Thanks very much for your question.I shall do my best to help you today. You need to follow what your agreement says about notice. If you are required to give 2 months notice, you should give 2 months notice and ensure it ends on the right day. Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you for your help.

You are welcome. Very best.