Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

You recently clarified how to submit our disclosure of

Hi, you recently clarified how to submit our disclosure of documents (N265). As part of that disclosure we now have the documents from the claimant that we had not previously seen. One is a letter that appears to be an expert giving an opinion and another is a video where the commentator appears to be giving an expert opinion. When our directions were given the judge said that the claimants expert reports would not be allowed, but it now looks like they might be trying to them anyway. Should I object?Many thanks

Welcome to JA.

You should object to the expert evidence given it appears they are trying to rely on evidence the court have expressly stated that they do not have permission to rely on. Further such conduct could arguably amount to an abuse of the court process.

I hope I have clarified the position if not please let me know.

Thanks and stay safe.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Many thanks for your swift reply Anthony. How do I go about objecting?

You will need to write to your opponent demanding that they provide a revised list of documents which does not include the expert report in question and if they do not do so you will notify the court about their conduct.

Hopefully they will accept your position.

However if they do not accept your position they will provide reasons.

Once you receive the reasons and if its not acceptable I suggest you return to JA and we can advice you on the options available to you.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Many thanks for your help - I shall do exactly that.

Your welcome and have a good day.