Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

Police were called out because I was using my crossbow and

Police were called out because I was using my crossbow and target in what I thought was a safe place but later turned out not to be. I think I'm in the wrong. They have confiscated my bow and wish to see me for an interview.
JA: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: No charges filed. I was read my rights but not arrested
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: Salisbury plain tidworth Wiltshire
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only that I was not thinking it through and have no idea what is going to happen next

Hello I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.

Please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time.

You will also receive a request for a phone call. This is automatically generated by the website. I would be happy to facilitate a phone call with you however, do note that there will be a premium service charge should you accept this, you of course, do not have to click the phone call option.

I would be greatly appreciative if you could use the 5 stars to rate my advice once I have provided it you.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Hello Mr Miller.
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
My service is terrible here I'm afraid

The police have to read you your rights when they question you. What you have done is likely to qualify as an offence. However, the police will want to speak to you about the situation. ultimately, it will be up them if they decide to charge you. However, if this was the case then in my opinion you would be looking at a fine. If you have no priors and this was a genuine mistake then the police may decide just to caution you so that you don't do it again in the future. At the moment it is not possible to say what will happen for definite however, you should go down when asked and speak with the police and obviously be as respectful and cooperative as possible with them. Do explain that you were not intending any harm and it was an honest mistake, also that you were not aware you were committing an offence and they will hopefully be quite light on you, and as I said they will hopefully be understanding. If it was the worst case and they decided to charge you, the charge would be sent to the CPS and it would be up to them if they decided to move forward with the charge or not (whether it is deemed to be in the public interest or not) I cannot comment on what they would do, but at this point I would take it one step at a time and you will be informed what is happening at each stage.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. I won’t be recognised for my response by the website if there is no rating left for me.

Many Thanks

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
They read me my rights there and told me to report to the police station after the 31st. Will they decide to arrest me there. I have no priors and pride myself in being a law abiding member of the public. It was a stupid thing to do but I've been in to archery in all forms for sometime and was very unaware I was commuting an offence.
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Because the public have access thought the area they told me I was endangering the public

As I said I cannot comment on whether they will decide to charge you or not. This is up to them. If you take the advice I have given and given that you have no history etc. they may decide to caution you or perhaps not take any action at all. Once you have spoken with them then if you require further advice please do come back and I can assist once you know what is happening with the police at that point.

I hope this information has helped.

Many Thanks

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Thankyou for the advice sir