How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3294
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

I d like to talk to a solicitor please, Southwark council

This answer was rated:

I d like to talk to a solicitor please
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Southwark council London
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I have 21 days to review a decision regarding rehousing application
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes , Maybe let s start by text messages and i ll see

Good evening to you, I'm Lea

How can I assist you with this?

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

  1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is: 0808(###) ###-####/li>
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I ve an issue regarding my rehousing application with Southwark Council.
I ve been bidding for 3 years for a 1bedroom flat.I m 39 years old and i ve been living in this borough for 14years during the quarantine i ve been evicted and the council relocated me in a different borough.
The assistant private sector officer guarantee me verbally i ll be able to keep bidding for Southwark council and pass from the band 4 to band 2 because i ve received the support from help2rent for my deposit then i should be in priority.
He said when i ll do the change of circumstances for my new address i ll have to mention this name and contact details and he ll be able to keep me in the borough.
I ve recently received an email about my application and i m not longer on list because i m not in the borough anymore .i ve 21days to request a review and mr smith is not responding to my email.
I ve lost 3 years of bidding because of this advice how can you support me with this case to get back on the list please
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I prefer to text and we ll see if a phone call is necessary

This is a Q&A website, so I can only answer your query and that is how to process your request for a review.

You will have received a letter/email that details why they have refused you and how to make your review application.

Your application to review must be made in writing within the 21 day time frame. You need to provide as full details as possible to help them to review the decision that they made. In other words, you need to show that the reasons they give you for changing their offer are not true.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Do you know any organisation who can help me to write my email please

You can try a law centre local to you (see link below), or CAB who often have housing lawyers available to assist.

SASH_Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you