How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2341
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

There is a person who has been harassing me persistently by

This answer was rated:

There is a person who has been harassing me persistently by using the courts maliciously and the public services to make false accusations. Everything checked out fine and the case was dismissed in court. The person has gone to court again to apply for the same thing all over again making this a controlling and coercive behaviours
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: North east Durham
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have not taken any steps since the person stated this behaviour last year thinking he would stop but with his repeated behaviour he is clearly not stopping and want to take up an action as this behaviour is clearly becoming very distressing for myself and the children
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes,this behaviour started as a result of me supporting his estranged wife to seek help and support after disclosing to me domestic abuse and violence in their marriage.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Just to bring to your knowledge, this person is still in court proceedings with his estranged wife but he is doing these allegations against me for supporting his estranged wife and clearly hiding this behaviour from his solicitor representing him in about the domestic abuse and violence perpetrated to his wife and child.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

From what you have explained, this could be classed as a matter of harassment against you by this person.

You could contact the police and report all of these matters especially if you have records of them and seeing as they all started form your original support to his estranged wife who was suffering domestic abuse.

You could also issue I'm with a formal cease and desist letter instructing him to stop his harassment of you otherwise you will seek an injunction on him at court.

The two options I think are your best way to deal with this matter.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you James, i want to ask that since I think he is hiding this behaviour from his solicitor and i have all the details of the law firm he is using .I want the law firm to be aware of this behaviour. The police are aware of this matter and i got sick of the police not taking any action against him.My impression of the police is that until it becomes life threatening nothing will be done .
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Please i would like to be refunded for the direct talk as my card is overdrawn and continue with the online conversations only.I did not realised that i would be charged. Thank you

If you have the details of his law firm, then the best way to deal with that, is not contacting them yourself, but instructing your own solicitor to write to them on your behalf. That may carry far motor weight when dealing with this sort of person.

james bruce and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I don't have a solicitor you see. That is the problem

The police you can of course call yourself and report any harassment.

You can write to his solicitor yourself, but as I advised it may be better coming from another lawyer.

It may be helpful to instruct a local solicitor who specialises in this area of law. You can find a local firm using the Law Society website.

Once on that website, you can click on the find a solicitor option located just above the Law Society logo. Select quick search, then select the area of law required and enter your post code. A list of local firms will then be displayed.

The following two links will take you to where you may find solicitors who can assist, on either a free probono basis or on a no win no fee basis. Very often they deal with clients who cannot afford to pay for legal assistance and for whom legal aid is not available. The second is

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you James i will go on the website now.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.