james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Can a friend ask the UK police if a friend has been

Can a friend ask the UK police if a friend has been arrested. Is there a way to find out if the police can't say? Please advise the method to be used. The timing for the possible arrest was about 30 days ago and if it happened it was near the Manchester airport.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

I am sorry to say, that the police would not give any information to someone who is not related and then only would if the person who has been arrested has given permission for the person to be informed of their arrest.

If you think someone you know may have been arrested and possibly remanded I custody, then it may be possible to do a prisoner check to see if the person is in custody in the UK.

I have attached a link which you can use to carry out a prisoner search.

https://www.gov.uk/find-prisoner

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.