james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

My son is due out of prison soon he is a lifer they state he

My son is due out of prison soon he is a lifer they state he cannot come back to his home city .. will it ever change as its breaking his mums heart ..
JA: Has your son talked to a lawyer about this? What country does your son live in? If different, what country does this legal question relate to?
Customer: Uk and no not spoken hes scared it would affect his release date.
JA: What steps has your son taken so far?
Customer: None just accepted it
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just hoping at a later date he may one day have a chance to come and have tea with us ūüĎć

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

This is a very normal condition on parol for life sentenced prisoners. Prior to his release, he would be given very strict rules and maps of areas where he is not allowed to visit and is excluded from and people he is not allowed to contact.. If he is found in these areas, then he will be recalled to prison. The reason for the restrictions are to safeguard the families of victims in those areas as well as for his own safety.

With time, once he has established himself out on licence, eventually, the licence conditions can be amended.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you so there is a light at the end of the tunnel .

Yes, with time the restrictions can be eased, and locations narrowed to much smaller areas etc.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.