Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I am looking to rent a property. One property I liked which

I am looking to rent a property . One property I liked which came as email alert from a letting agent . I called agent and wanted to rent and reserve the property , but agent said is not possible and you need to view the property and date was set after two days to view. however a day before my viewing agent called saying the property is under offer. I was upset and demanded a explanation. The agent disconnected saying they will call back but no call received . no email or text received for cancelation. Should I go for viewing despite seems they are unfair
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: only showed displeasure on phone and email
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not sure

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Sadly there is nothing you can do.

Whilst they may have not been professional they are under no obligation to let to you.

This is because until a contract is signed by both the Landlord and Tenant then it is not binding

This means the agent and Landlord do not have to let for you.

The Landlord can say only people who view it can bid.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
understand no obligation to let at this stage. it is just the procedure prior to let which shows preferred actions for someone and unfair treatment for others. The property advertised two days ago with first viewing booked which not took place yet.

I agree. But sadly they have not breached any law.

You can try and go to the Ombudsman but there is no contract sadly.

https://www.tpos.co.uk/

Does that clarify?