Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

I bought a new caravan last august and with lockdowns only

I bought a new caravan last august and with lockdowns only used 2 times found a couple faults on my second time out and reported to dealer. it has been arranged for repairs just awaiting date. now with heavy rain last week roof is leaking and all bedding and mattress were all soaked as was shelves and carpets was wondering if got rights to ask for refund.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: live in neath
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: rang dealer and was told the one who deals with it is off at the moment and he will ring me on monday
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.

Please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time.

You will also receive a request for a phone call. This is automatically generated by the website. I would be happy to facilitate a phone call with you however, do note that there will be a premium service charge should you accept this, you of course, do not have to click the phone call option.

I would be greatly appreciative if you could use the 5 stars to rate my advice once I have provided it you.

Thank you for your enquiry. If the caravan is defective then you have to give the seller the opportunity to repair or replace this in the first instance. These are rules under the consumer rights act. If they cannot do either of these then they will have to refund you. However, whilst I understand you situation about hardly using it due to lockdown, if you have had the van for more than 6 months then the onus will be on you to prove that the vehicle was faulty at the point of purchase or was not fit for purpose at the point of sale. Prior to looking at any legal action you will want to speak to the seller in the first instance to see if they are willing to do anything about it and if that is not the case then you can look at enforcing your rights under the consumer rights act. I will provide you a link which will enable you to find a solicitor who is local to you who can provide assistance if required.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. I won’t be recognised for my response by the website if there is no rating left for me.

Many Thanks