13262538

My son & girlfriend are spilitting up, They are in the

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: My son & girlfriend are spilitting up
JA: Where are your son and girlfriend? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: They are in the Sefton area
JA: What steps have your son and girlfriend taken so far?
Customer: They live in her house & she wants him out by the end of the week
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We live in Lancs - both Tier 3 areas so we cannot go to him & him to us
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
My main question is, can I go over to my son's house to help him pack his belongings and bring them for storage to our house ? His girlfriend will be out of the house at work, and he has too much stuff to take to the place he will be moving into temporarily (a room in someone's home). He will be staying in the Sefton area and we live in Lancashire - both are currently in Tier 3 lockdown. He has no-one who can help him in his area.

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will respond further within a few minutes

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Hi Clare, is the live phone call simply an option or do I need to opt for this in order for you to answer my query ?
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Hi Clare, are you still there ?

My apologies for the delay

I can understand your concern about the position that you will be in as researching the exemptions is an excercise in surreal madness

The fact that you are both in Tier 3 is helpful and I can confirm that one of the exemptions to the rules is to help someone move house - so you can help your son without any extra worry

I hope that this is helpful - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Thank you Clare ... that's really good to hear. I spent ages trying to find out if this was an exemption but just kept going round in circles. Phew !