Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

I took down asbestos for an emplyer, but was told at the

I took down asbestos for an emplyer, but was told at the time it wasn’t asbestos.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: uk west midlands
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: There are supposed certificates from council saying it was not asbestos but it has since been confirmed it was.

Hello I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.

Please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time.

You will also receive a request for a phone call. This is automatically generated by the website. I would be happy to facilitate a phone call with you however, do note that there will be a premium service charge should you accept this, you of course, do not have to click the phone call option.

I would be greatly appreciative if you could use the 5 stars to rate my advice once I have provided it you.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.

Did your employer deliberately mislead you and have you suffered any detriment as a result?

How long have you worked for the employer and what have they said about this. Are you sure it is asbestos ?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Dont believe so and 3 years, this happened 2 years ago but the other half of the barn is to be taken down soon. A specialist company have confirmed that it asbestos and will be removing it them selves. There is a pallet of what i took down still there and they have confirmed that is also asbestos.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have not discussed with employer yet and not sure what to do.

No problem thank you I will write up some advice for you just now please allow a few minutes for my response. Many thanks.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Did you come up with anything?

apologies for the delay. Making you work with asbestos would constitute a breach of contract allowing you to claim for unfair dismissal however in order to make that claim you would have to resign as a result the fact it has been two years will not be an argument unless you just found out about it recently. However you could potentially make a claim under personal injury law (remaining in employment) thankfully most large firms offer a no win no fee service for this type of claim and I will provide you with a helpful link which will enable you to find a local firm which will deal with this. If you are offered a settlement agreement at any point then be sure not to waive your rights to any future personal injury claims as asbestosis has been determined in the courts as something you can claim for many years down the line, however I hope this will not be necessary. If you have recently found out about this then you could make a claim for constructive dismissal.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. I won’t be recognised for my response by the website if there is no rating left for me.

Many Thanks

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks for your help