How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JoeN819 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 76
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
JoeN819 is online now

Investment fraud, United Kingdom, reported to the police and

This answer was rated:

investment fraud
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: United Kingdom
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: reported to the police and to the bank
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: loss of 20000
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
As per attached screenshot regarding recent update from the Bank of Scotland, I am in the process of getting a final response from the Bank. I have also liaised with the editors who are currently conducting an investigation with the Bank on my behalf. My question is whether there is anything else I should do at the moment in order to claim my money. Of note I am aware of the APP scam code which protects customers from this kind of scams. The Bank of Scotland is signed up.

Hello - Really sorry to hear of the above. I shall do my best to help you today. So far seems you have taken the right steps. Bank of Scotland will investigate your complaint and aim to resolve this within 8 weeks. If you are not happy with the final response, the next step will be to take this to Financial Ombudsman Service. You should do this within six months of receiving the final response from Bank of Scotland. You should also report this to Action Fraud for further investigation by calling 0300(###) ###-####/p>

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you for your response. My main question pertains to the regulation which I think is supposed to protect me. If Financial Ombudsman Service decides that I should not get a refund, is there another way to get my money back? Thanks

Thanks very much. I am pleased to continue to assist you on this. As a final resort, the customer could consider court proceedings against the bank to try to recover compensation. Needs to be noted that Court actions can however be expensive and lengthy. Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

JoeN819 and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you