How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4338
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

In 2017, I reported my father for making a series of

This answer was rated:

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: In 2017, I reported my father for making a series of attempts to molest me when I was 12 years old (I am currently 30). several members of my family & his siblings pressured my mother & I to let it go & stop pursuing justice (I have evidence of this & recorded conversations). Due to me feeling very unsupported by my family I decided to stop pursuing the case before he was even charged
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: do you think I would be able to start pursuing the case again?
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in London
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Good evening, thank you for contacting Justanswer. I am very sorry to hear of your situation. I am a solicitor in England and Wales and happy to guide you. If you have the evidence and you feel stronger now to report it and be a witness for the crown prosecution if you should be charged then it never too late to bring historical offences of this nature to the attention of the police. You should go to your local police or call the police when you are ok to go through the details and they will take it from there and will keep you updated on any progress they are making on deciding whether to charge him. If I can clarify further please do not hesitate to send your follow up question. All the best.

You should not feel like you need the support of the family to bring him to justice, it would be better for you to have support but if they do not support you then you should decide what you know is right to protect potential other victims.

SolicitorRM and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Do you think the fact that I let it go the first time when I reported it, will work against me?

Hi, I have just seen your call request, are you ok for me to call now, or you would prefer for me to call in the morning, say after 08:00hrs?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
now would be fine
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hello, I am still fine to have a conversation now. Thank you very much for this.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
hello, I am on the call now but I can't hear you

Hi, I have been trying to call. The call does not show a caller ID. I will try again now.

I am glad I managed to get through in the end. As discussed please feel free to send me your follow up questions if I can clarify anything further. You are taking the big step and I sincerely ***** ***** manage to go through with it this time round. It is never too late, call 101 when you get the opportunity and when ready to talk and that will start the process for you. All the best.