Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I had a problem with my last job, I am working as a nurse

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I had a problem with my last job
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am working as a nurse Poole area
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well, I jist want to know how much it will cost me. My ex manager has to oay me 600 pounds but he is not interested to pay me

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

What do you specifically want to know about this, please?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Hi Ben, let me explain you my situation please
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I worked for an agency nurse for 10 months. My consultant sent me an email offering me 150 pounds for each nurse that I refer him. I sent him 4 nurses so he has to pay me 600 pounds but he is not interested
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I asked him for the money and he said because I am not working for him anymore he is not allowed to pay me but I referred the nurses while I was working for him

Were there any conditions attached to this apart from simply finding the nurses?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Nope
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I decided to contact a lawyer because when I asked him today he just blocked me on WhatsApp

Thank you very much for clarifying. Considering the promise was made and you acted on it to do what you would have been paid for, you can treat it as a contractual agreement and pursue them for thew money owed. If money is owed by one party to another, the debtor can potentially be taken to court to try and force them to pay up. However, as legal action should only be used as a last resort, there are certain steps that should be taken initially to try and resolve this matter informally and without the need to involve the courts. It is therefore recommended that the following steps are taken in order to try and resolve this:

1. Reminder letter – if no informal reminders have been sent yet, one should be sent first to allow the other party to voluntarily settle this matter.

2. Letter before action – if informal reminders have been sent but have been ignored, the other party must be sent a formal ‘letter before action’ asking them to resolve this amicably within a specified period of time – 14 days is reasonable. They should be advised that if they fail to make contact to resolve this matter, formal legal proceedings will be commenced to pursue them for the money that is owed. This letter serves as a ‘final warning’ and gives the other side the opportunity to resolve this without the need for legal action. There are numerous templates available online for such letters and a simple search will bring up a list of useful results.

3. If the letter before action is also ignored, formal legal proceedings can be initiated. A claim can be commenced online by going to https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim. There will be a fee payable, which depends on the amount that is claimed. The debtor will eventually get a copy of the claim and they will have a limited time to answer it. They could accept it and pay what is owed, they could accept it only in part and defend the rest, or they could outright reject it. They could also completely ignore it, in which case judgment will eventually be entered automatically against them. Also, it is worth noting that the simple act of submitting a claim could show the debtor that this is being taken seriously and prompt them to consider negotiating a potential solution to stop the claim progressing further, such as offering full or partial repayment.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
How much would cost me a reminder letter from a lawyer?
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Thank you very much for your answer

That depends on who you instruct, what their rates are and how long the letter is, probably a couple of hundred pounds

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Okay, thank you very much. I a not sure what to do as he owns me 600 pounds

Just send the letters yourself, pointless getting a solicitor for this amount

Customer: replied 29 days ago.

You are most welcome. If you have any further questions about this then please do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be glad to help. All the best

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I am very disappointed as I have been charged 50 pounds
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have paid 5 pounds for a question and I am not happy to pay anymore
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Please, can somoene to help me?