How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 78929
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Our family was subject to intervention by Camden Social

This answer was rated:

Our family was subject to intervention by Camden Social Services. In preparation of their s7 they shuffled documents and finally drew their report upon a counterfeit assessment. This had dire consequences at the Final Hearing, in the Judgement and consequent Court Order.I, in turn, have reported those involved for Misconduct in Public Office to the Metropolitan Police.However, before they proceed, they have informed me that I need to submit a formal 'legal' report or request.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: The Final Hearing in Family Court was last month. I now have a hearing on 23 November for permission to appeal. Meanwhile I wish to report the matter of Misconduct in Public Office by our Social Worker and author of the S7.
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Central Family Court, Holborn. But what I am dealing with here is not a matter for Family Court, it is a criminal issue.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's enough for now.
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
What exactly is the form or format in/with which I report an offence of misconduct? What do I do next?
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Is anybody there?

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Thank you for your patience,

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

What would you like to know about this?

Without the information I asked for I can only give you a general answer but I hope this helps.

However, I can say that I’m afraid they are not going to be investigated for misconduct in public office.

Apart from anything else, I’m not sure a social worker is really a “public officer” and there is certainly no evidence of remuneration.

This is just a decision or course of action with which you disagree. I understand and there may be other remedies but misconduct in public office is not one.

If you give me more information about it then I would be able to offer more.

I am sorry but I have to tell you the truth.

Do remember that I can only give you my opinion.

Another lawyer may have a different opinion. Litigation needs at least 2 parties and neither goes to court expecting to lose.

Nonetheless, one of them does, even though they have been told by their respective legal advisers that they have a good chance of success.

If there was a black-and-white answer to every legal problem there would be no need for anything to ever proceed to court.

The ultimate decision comes from a county court judge in a civil case or from the magistrate in a criminal case heard in the magistrates court or the jury in Crown Court.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.


Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!”

Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 78929
Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Jo C. and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you