james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

What standards do I need to meet to sell handmade teddy

Customer Question

What standards do I need to meet to sell handmade teddy bears on line please?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In the UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have only just started this venture
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They have safety eyes and noses and the correct stuffing and are made of cotton
Expert:  james bruce replied 26 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

If you are going to be selling the teddies online for profit as a business then they would need to conform with a range of legal legislation, have CE ratings etc.

Because of the complexity regarding all the requirements that would need to be arranged, I have attached a site below, from a handmade toy specialist that lists the regulations, licences etc that would be required. It is a very helpful link. It even guides you to the government sites all form the one link. Failure to obtain correct ratings etc, could land you in trouble with trading standards .

https://www.ahandcraftedbusiness.com/ce-marking-for-handmade-soft-toys/

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance.