How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11995
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

I got a problem with company "skybet" it's a betting site

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I got a problem with company "skybet" it's a betting site and they locked my account, due possibly fraud or something I've been talking to them and proving all the documents they asked me to send But they still refuse to payout/ unlock account I've send bank statements as proof where my income is
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Bognor Regis United kingdom
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I've provided my adress, bank account/statement, ID pictures, even selfie next to my ID
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: you can connect me now if possible
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 16 days ago.

Hi, this is Jim, thank you for the question - I will do my best to resolve this quickly for you.

Sorry to hear of the issue. The way forward would be to make a complaint to them by email. The address to send your email is this one : *****@******.***

The complaint can take up to 8 weeks unfortunately. Assuming they do not uphold your complaint, you can go to the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS) via their website ( and they will look in to this for you - it is free to use and they can impose a decision on Skybet which would hopefully resolve this in your favour. If you have any money in the account and they refuse to pay it to you, you could sue them for the money back and that may work as they will not want you to involve the courts.

I would recommend that you send them a formal letter before action to demand payment within 14 days and say that if they do not pay you, you will issue county court proceedings against them. See attached template as an example of what to say. Please let me know if you cannot see the letter which I have uploaded. You will need to tailor this letter to your situation.

You may also want to threaten a report to Trading Standards (who can be contacted on 0808(###) ###-####.

You will need to register at so that you are ready to issue the claim in the event they dispute the claim and do not pay you. The website is very user-friendly and you would not need a lawyer to use the money claim site. Claims with a value of under £10,000 are classed as a "small claim", so legal costs are not recoverable and the matter may be dealt with on paper by a Judge, not at a hearing. A hearing may be necessary if the court thinks that oral evidence is required to dispose of the case.

Claims between £10,000 and £25,000 are subject to fixed costs only so if you lose then the risk is minimal. Further, the money claim website allows you to sue for an amount up to £100,000.

You would claim the sum for the loss, the court issue fee (details of the money claim fees are listed here at page 5: and court interest which is 8% calculated on a daily rate from the date of loss to date of court judgment. The site allows you to calculate the interest and add it to the claim. If a hearing is required then there is a fee for this too - see page 7 of the previous link for details. Again, that fee is recoverable if you win.

If you are on a low income or have low savings (or in receipt of benefits), you can ask the court for a fee remission so you do not have to pay the court issue fee.

If you are eligible, let me know as you cannot use the online money claims site – you have to use the paper method, which is an N1 claim form sent to the County Court Money Claims Centre (I have a copy, let me know if you would like one).

If you win then once you have the CCJ from the court the defendant has 14 days to pay in full. If they do not then it gets registered with the credit agencies after 30 days. You can also enforce the CCJ with the county court bailiffs or transfer the debt to the High Court for a small additional fee assuming the total amount owed is at least £600 and you can use the high court enforcement officers who have greater powers than county court bailiffs. The transfer fee is added on to the debt and payable by the defendant.

There are other enforcement methods which I can help with, including bank account freeze, charging order on their property (and then apply to force a sale), application to wind up the company if £750 or more is owed (if suing a limited company), apply to summons them to court for questioning, all of which can ensure you are actually repaid the money.

You may find they just pay you after receiving the letter before action – hopefully they will want to avoid litigation.

I hope this helps and answers the question which is easy to understand - please feel free to ask me anything else. I will reply as soon as I can to help with any further queries.

Thanks for using our services and have a good day,

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 16 days ago.

Hi, I’m just checking to see if the answer helped or if you need me to cover anything else?. I am happy to clarify the answer or address anything else for you.

Many thanks,

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi,Yes, it was very helpfull and thank you for the letter and advice,I will send the formal letter to skybet and see their response
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 16 days ago.

Thanks very much, have a good day

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi,What if I don't get any answer after 14days from formal letter with demanding payment?
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 16 days ago.

In that case you can start a claim for your money back here: