Mina Counsel
Mina Counsel, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister
109424057

How are you? I am not sure what type of legal service I

Customer Question

Hello! How are you?
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am not sure what type of legal service I require. My situation is I am a co-founder and director of a small company and am having issues with my business partner who is a 50% partner.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We are in disagreement about the future of the company and one of us needs to step down
Expert:  Mina Counsel replied 16 days ago.

Hello, welcome to Just Answer! My name is ***** ***** I am a London based practising barrister with over 15 years experience. I am happy to assist you today. I may need to ask you some questions in order to determine your legal position and I will provide you with an email advice on the same day. Thank you.

There will be an automatic generated phone call offer should you wish to speak to me directly for a fixed fee with no time limit.

(Please note this is NOT always an instant chat service therefore I may not be able to reply immediately. Rest assured that I am dealing with your query and will get back to you the same day. / within 24 hours if it's outside office hours.)

I am so sorry to hear about the situation. Do you have a shareholders agreement in place?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hello, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. My business partner is the financial handler and administrator and she has the only copy of the contract, I’ve asked her to scan and email to me. There should have been a copy on our server or hard copy in the office, but she has it at home.

If your shareholder agreement is properly drafted, there should be provisions that determine what should happen should you two came into a deadlock position.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi Mina, I will get the copy of that and then get back to you as it is probably useful to have to to hand when we talk.

Sure. I will leave this thread opened for now. Please come back when you have the information ready. Take care.