How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4394
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

My is josephine can I have another, im in the uk, i need

Customer Question

Hello my is josephine can I have another
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: im in the uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i need help
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i don’t have money my husband not give money
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 20 days ago.

Good evening. Thank you for contacting Justanswer. I am a solicitor in England and Wales and happy to guide you. I am very sorry to hear of your situation. If you are together and not looking to separate but he is the breadwinner and does not maintain you and does not give you money for essential financial needs you could consider this financial abuse. If you are not happy together and you are looking to separate you could apply for him to maintain you and also for an occupation order where you remain in the home. If I can clarify further please do not hesitate to send your follow up message. All the best.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Thank your replay. I leave the house becouse he kick me out with out money and its corona virus luckdown. And he siad he will cancel my spouse visa witch on the process.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Also I want to know if he cancel my visa. Can someone sponsor me to remain to stay in UK.?
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 20 days ago.

Thank you for your reply. If he has kicked you out of the house and he is not supporting you, you should report him to the police for abuse and tell them that you want to apply for what is called a non-molestation order. The police will direct you to get in touch with a local family solicitor to assist you with the non-molestation order against him and he can be told to leave the house instead. As soon as you have your police report and you non-molestation order you should apply to the home office to remain in the UK under the Domestic violence route. If you are successful with this this is the only way you will be able to remain. If you have a British child you can also apply to remain as a mother of a British Child.

You should not delay taking action because he can apply to the home office to withdraw his sponsorship and if he does that the home office will take your visa away and give you a date when you should leave the UK. You are not able to switch from a spouse visa to another from within the UK. Whilst we are in lockdown you could perhaps apply for a tier 2 work permit if you are highly skilled or work on a shortage list job.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
What if I want devorce my husband do I have to be here?
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 20 days ago.

Hi, you can file for divorce in the UK if you wish to, nothing stops you.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Is it expensive to get devorce in the uk? How would cost me what if I don't have money for devorce.?
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 20 days ago.

There is no legal aid for divorce and how long it takes will depend on what is in dispute. If there isnt much assets or money then it may not take that long or cost much.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
He think withdrawal my visa is the only way to get rid off me intsend getting devorce.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
We only for merried for 3 months can I get devorce?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Sorry I just have to ask. Do I get money from him. When we get devorce? Because hes treaning bad I want him to suffer.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
can I have apply for devorce even if I don't have visa?
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 20 days ago.

Hi, I would say that if he is maintaining you as a wife you can claim maintenance on divorce however I cannot advise you on making another person suffer, that is not for me to say. You should not let him withdraw the visa sponsorship first because you will struggle to then apply to remain under the Domestic Violence route that I advised. You should consider the advice I gave you at the start as that way we would avoid repeating same questions and answers. All the best.