james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I was wondering what can be done about someone who has been

Customer Question

I was wondering what can be done about someone who has been verbally harassing me and even used physical intimidation against me at some point?
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: The UK
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: no steps
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don’t want to take legal action, I just want to be well-informed in case things progress
Expert:  james bruce replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I don’t want to switch to a phone call

The first thing to do is to start keeping a diary of the time date and what has happened. This will com in useful should you need to progress matters legally.

Next, send the person concerned a "cease and desist letter". This letter demands that they stop their harassment of you. Keep a copy yourself and proof that you sent a copy to them.

If they continue, if they are neighbours, then you can report the matter to your local council who deal with these cases.

You can also lodge a formal compliant of harassment to the police. Harassment is a criminal offence. Your diary and cease and desist letter will support your complaint. The police should then take action. That could involve warning them, issuing a harassment notice or arrest and charge them to court.

Further on the civil side of things, once you have involved the council, and sent your letter. if things continue, you could have a solicitor write to them and also seek an injunction against them at court.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance.