31090051

How to copywrite lyrics to a song i've written serval songs

how to copywrite lyrics to a song i've written serval songs ans 2 books
JA: Do you have a registration record?
Customer: no nothing
JA: Have you talked to a local attorney? Has anything been filed in court?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: does this cost me now?
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
i'm not a musician there is a tune to the songs i've written apart from me recording them on my phone, before i send them to anyone i just wanted to make sure i own these lyrics so that no body else will take ownership.
i have no idea what to do or where to send these either so i'm starting at the beginning, and advice welcome

Thanks for your question. I am a copyright solicitor in the UK with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me just read your question and I will either give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond to you as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best answer I can.

Under the law music and lyrics are automatically copyright to the creator. You don’t need to actively apply for copyright. You own it already. However upload your work to a cloud server where it’s clear that you did so on a particular date so that you can prove you completed the work prior to that date. Alternatively there are commercial copyright registries that offer a storage service in return for a fee. This is not necessary however as long as you can prove the date of creation of your work.

I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything. I am always happy to help. You are always welcome to ask a follow up question if it will help you further.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Thank you it may never go anywhere and was written from past Exoeriance a while ago now.
If however I had a private school compose the tune that I kind of have for it already and they realised it to raise money fir the school would I still own the lyrics ?
Would this conversation with you be enough to prove the date prior to approaching the schools bank master ?
Would I have to send you the lyrics to prove this ?
Or would it be the date I send it ti the school ?
It’s only been a conversation so far and as they have the the means to produce this kind of fund raising and seemed interested I thought I’d find out .
Kind regards *****
Can this conversation
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Be proof enough ?

What you can do is enter into a licence agreement with the school whereby you grant them a licence to use the lyrics to produce their song. The licence retains your ownership and can specify that they can use the lyrics only for the purpose of that one song and is strictly for fundraising purposes. The licence can contain a copy of the lyrics and that way there is no doubt as to ownership and what they can be used for.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Thank you so much is there a template for a licance agreement I can access on this site or should I look online ?

You will probably find something online or I can draft you something although it will cost £200 or so.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Thank you I’ll look first as I’m self employed and in the 2.6 million bracket fallen through the cap with regards ***** ***** !
The bounce back loan scheme
Also only an option if you bank with certain ones Lloyds and Halifax being the best all other banks full to capacity and the list of lenders on direct .gov most of them have waiting lists that surpass the cut off date of the 30th November 20
I deal with new business set ups and my client list have decreased so any information
With regards ***** ***** would be appreciated greatly
I’ve tried

That’s not my field. If you post a separate question another expert should be able to help with this.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Brilliant thank you
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I have very thick g I need for this issue thank you
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I need help with an office landlord issue I have a court hearing in the morning at 10.30 am
Old landlords fabricated rent areas a d wants me to pay for a window broken in criminal damage abs broadcasted in crime watch
Window firms part of the outer wall of the building and was not replaced until after my tenancy ended
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I have all invoice proof abs bank transfers I paid the person in the original bill invoice as per landlords emails show to
Rb combined rents
Naming myself as occupancy of unit 10c
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I have all bank transfers to rn coming rents as per landlords billing states
Abs as per Statments of truth from person in charge of Rb combined rents
Servi e charges abs elec bills for various units in the same site
Never paid the landlord direct
In the period accused
The office rent was £90 per week and over a 13 mth period of no payment as alleged means the landlord is statments bf no payment or all that time amd trying to claim 7grand arrears
Radicals
He has a known brief I am defending myself
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
My evidence is his emails from his admin accounts staff and text messages direct saying thank you for payment
To Rb combind rent account
Person landlord billed .
I had mediation over biullying and discrepancy in 2016 and the solicitor did not go further as proved it was wrongly charged . And landlords action if demands weee wrong
The landlord obtained a court order for other tenants in Oct 2018 said they also owed rent but they did not owe these I had left on July 30th 2018
And landlords grieftryed to say I was part of that process not true judge overruled and hearing is tomorrow after 2 cancelations one due to covid
One due to landlord not picking up the phone hearing
Case is 1hor 40min

You’ll need to post your new question on a separate thread for another expert to pick it up for you.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Ok I’m sorry
I’m ok just knowing it’s finalised tomorrow and going up against a known corrupt bref can be daunting thats all
Thank you I’ll get the hang of this soon sorry for tone waiting .
I don’t know how to rate you can’t find scale 1to 10 to fill in ?
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Absolutely happy with your advise thank you

You’re welcome. I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything, I am always happy to help. You are always welcome to ask a follow up question.