John
John, Solicitor
Experience:  10 years legal experience
106125879

I have book my flight last year through Opodo on my return

Customer Question

Hi I have book my flight last year through Opodo on my return journey my flight was cancelled I ave contact the Opodo but no answer then I fill the form for vouchers or refund but I have not received any thing from them
JA: Where is this? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?
Customer: sorry my name is***** I am 75 years old we bought 2 ticket from Opodo in 06/07/2019 to travel to India on 10/09/2019 and return on 29/03/2020 with virgin Atlantic
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: On my return on 23/03/2020 I have contacted the virgin Atlantic and they informed me I have to contact Opodo was not answering the phone or any email in June 16TH 2020 they have accepted my request but nothing happen up to know
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  John replied 22 days ago.

Hello, how are you? Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Please note there may be delays in responding as I am away helping other customers but I will get back to you as soon as I can. I may also need to ask you some clarifying questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  John replied 22 days ago.

Hello thanks for your message.

You will need to request your refund through Opodo.

What you would need to do is write them a formal “Letter Before Action”. In this letter you will need to state the amount you are seeking to recover and the reasons why. You will also need to give them a deadline to raise the payment by, usually it is 14 days in which to receive payment.

If payment is not received within 14 days, then you will need to issue a claim against them in the small claims court. You can do this by visiting this site https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim

Or you can do it by post by using form N1 which you can find here Form N1: Make a claim against a person or organisation (Claim form CPR Part 7) - GOV.UK and posting it to:

County Court Money Claims Centre

PO Box 527

Salford

Greater Manchester

M5 0BY

Due to the value of the claim you do not need a solicitor and can do this yourself. Once you issue the claim, interest will be added onto the amount from the day you issue until the date judgment is awarded. This is pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act 1984. There will be an issue fee to pay, but you will recover this back.

It may very well be that the letter before action you send will make them pay promptly and you do not need to issue, but incase they don’t pay you, then the letter before action enables you to be able to start proceedings against them.

I attach a template letter for you to use, please tailor it to your needs.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I have purchased the ticket through Opodo to travel to London Heathrow to Mumbai, India on 10/11/2019 and return from Mumbai to London Heathrow on 29/03/2020. My flight
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Thank you I don’t want to go through with May case
Expert:  John replied 22 days ago.

Hello, just following up on this to ensure you're satisfied with what you need to do. Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help. All the best, John

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I don’t want to go ahead with this case thank you please stop sending me the massages
Expert:  John replied 22 days ago.

Ok no problem, I am glad I was able to help. Have a great day. Take care.