JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

For JIM only, Jim, I've decided to give it a try myself. Can

Customer Question

For JIM only,Hi Jim,
I've decided to give it a try myself. Can you look at the letter and tell me your opinion, if al is as it ought to and if i didn't go overboard with any of the sums, please?
Also, once the letter is sent, will they take the van back and in what time period?
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 18 days ago.

Hi, this is Jim, thank you for the further question.
Yes, so the sums need to be accurate and if the vehicle is on finance you must obtain a settlement quote so that if and when the case settles, you are not left with any outstanding sum to pay. You can claim the other losses you want, though the litigation cost of £114 is unknown - you can actually claim £19 per hour under the civil procedure rules for dealing with all of these. And you can include any loss of earnings too if you have incurred that loss due to this dispute. Any other out of pocket and reasonably incurred losses can also be claimed. You should claim for everything and bear in mind the other side's arguments may also be taken in to account by the court in the interests of fairness so you may not end up with 100% of the sum claimed. The letter you have done looks fine though, it would be the sums which the other party takes issue with but you may as well include it all for the sake of completeness and negotiation.

Perhaps keep me informed with your profess? I hope this helps and answers the question which is easy to understand - please feel free to ask me anything else. I will reply as soon as I can to help with any further queries.

Thanks for using our services and have a good day,
Jim

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi Jim, thank you for your reply.
I spent so far 6h on emailing the hire company asking them to put things right so, multiplayed t by £19. Is this correct?
What do you mean the settlement quote, where do i obtain it from?
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 18 days ago.

Yes, that'd be correct - if you have finance, you would need the finance company to give you a quote assuming you wanted to pay off the finance today.