F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

My sister has power of attorney she said no money in

Customer Question

My sister has power of attorney she said no money in accounts is their away of checking this
JA: Can you tell me where this is? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?
Customer: In Dunstable
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: None
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I will have to check paperwork as this was 8-9
Expert:  F E Smith replied 21 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer.

I will be happy to assist with your question today. I need some timet o consider this and compose a response. There is NO need to wait online because you will get an email when I respond. Sometimes it will be minutes, sometimes longer.

I apologise for any unavoidable delay, but rest assured I have not forgotten your question.

can you give me all the backgound -

who has died?

and what did the estate consist of?

and was there a will? how is executor?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Can power of attorney be held by a husband and wife.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 21 days ago.

There is absolutely no reason why a husband should not have power of attorney over a wife’s affairs or vice versa or any other relative under any other relative.

If you suspect that your sister is doing something which you shouldn’t do, then you can report the matter to the Court of Protection and they will investigate.

https://www.gov.uk/report-concern-about-attorney-deputy-guardian

I am glad to help.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand.

I would be more than happy to clarify anything else for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

Please be aware that my answer is based strictly upon the information you have given me.

If you still need any points clarifying, I will be happy to reply because the thread does not close. In fact, it remains open indefinitely.

I am always happy to answer any further questions you have on any new thread in which case, please start your question with, “ For FES only”.

That only applies to new threads, not this one. You have me exclusively on this one.

Best wishes.

FES