12826847

I was heckled on a station platform by a man and a youth,

Customer Question

I was heckled on a station platform by a man and a youth, and subsequently by another man after boarding the train yesterday. It was innuendo rather than anything specific, which is I am aware very difficult to prove, and in this case there were no witnesses. I have been subjected to this kind of nuisance ever since being involved in litigation some years ago. It was intense during the period prior to the matter coming to court, and I took a sabbatical year from my university course because of it. I have thought of going to the police, but it is possible that the police may be involved. The lawyers who dealt with the case were of little help. The solicitors involved should never have acted for me anyway because they had previously acted for one of the defendants, but did not disclose this until the legal process was well advanced. I was legally aided and decided that I wished the case to go to court. But the solictor stopped the process by withdrawing the case from the list, without informing me. It was a matter of Duty of Care. My health suffered as a result I have of being exposed to noxious chemical vapour as a direct result of the actions of one of the defendants. But the condition was initially misdiagnosed, and then not correctly diagnosed until a few years later. I made no attempt to seek legal advice because I was so intimidated by the harassment I had been put through while the case was in progress. Although the case did not come to court, on the advice of another solicitor I attended the hearing before the Court Registrar to determine the costs. The action began in the county court, but it was the Registrar's decision that settlement should be within the jurisdiction of the High Court.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am presently living in Norfolk, but the litigation took place in Bristol.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None. I have felt very isolated and alone, and uncertain as to how the matter can be dealt with. Also so much time has elapsed since the original court case. I did not understand at the time why the matter should have involved me in so much controversy, though I have a better understanding of this now. The case should have been quite straight forward. I was legally aided and had a prima facie case against both defendants. One of the defendants had previously been sued in a similar matter.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: There is one other issue. While the case was in progress, as a direct result of the conduct of one of the defendants, I was exposed to noxious chemical vapour over the course of several days, which I did not realise at the time was harmful. I subsequently became very ill with chronic food intolerance. The condition was first misdiagnosed and there was considerable delay before I was given the correct treatment. I had prior to this ill-health no previous history of allergic illness of any kind.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 25 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 25 days ago.

I'm really sorry but I am not sure what your question is?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Is there anything that can be done about the heckling?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 25 days ago.

What did they actually say?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 24 days ago.

Without the information I asked for I can only give you a general answer but I hope this helps.

It is difficult to say on this information obviously. On the face of it this just sounds like part of the vicissitudes of life. Some people were being fairly annoying I don't dispute that that is annoying but it isn't illegal behaviour . Obviously that depends upon what they said .

Since you describe heckling though then that would just be part of the annoyances of life that we all suffer.

We all have unpleasant experiences with people. It doesn't give us cause of action in law or.

If you can give me more information that I may be able to offer more

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.