Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I bought an item through tecobuy company which go lost in

Customer Question

I bought an item through tecobuy company which go lost in the post office. Post office is ready to compensate but tecobuy imhas refused to claim it on my behalf
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: have a letter from the post office willing to compensate me and have sent many copies to tecobuy to lease with the post office without success
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It was an I pad £285 pounds bought from Germany that got lost in the post office bought for me by tecobuy
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

Hi there. Why have they refused the claim and when exactly did you buy the item? Please also tell me how you paid?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I was wondering if you have had a chance to consider my query above please? I will need your response before I provide an accurate answer to your situation. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

Without the requested information, I can only provide you with the following general response, which will hopefully still answer your query. First of all, I am sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced in your situation.

Your rights are entirely against the seller and you can argue that they have failed to fulfil their contractual obligations by not providing you with the item you bought.

Whilst Royal Mail are ready to compensate you, only the buyer can make a claim for it so if they are not willing to do so, you cannot make a claim. You would therefore have to pursue the seller directly for compensation.

However, I understand that they are not UK-based, which will make this rather difficult and not cost-effective. You are likely to spend a lot more pursuing this legally than you will get back.

If you paid by credit card, approach the card company who could give you extra protection under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act. If it was a debit card, approach the bank to see if they can do a chargeback on your behalf.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.