How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 18807
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I broke my ankle and had to have an operation. I am on zero

Customer Question

Good morning.
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I broke my ankle and had to have an operation. I am on zero hour contract with my agency. I am not sure, if I am eligible for any help from the council to pay my bills ....
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in Caversham
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing else than send my sick pay note to my companies
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really thank you
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 25 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 25 days ago.

There is a handy Government website to show whether you are entitled to any benefits or not.

That is either front the Council or DWP

This is at:

That should resolve the matter for you.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 25 days ago.

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.

If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Yes please do clarify as I am a bit confused. If you could help me which forms I need to fill, that would be really helpful. Thank you
I also have a different question. On the second day (in the morning) I was complaining about a really bad rib pain on my right side . Thay told me, I am going to have an x-ray which is never happened. I am still in horrible pain in there to and still don't know, if it's broken or just fractured . Isn't this a medical negligence?
Thank you
Kindest regards *****
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 25 days ago.

Just go onto the calculator Gabriella

That will tell you whether or not you are entitled to anything.

As for the medical question, you will need to post a new thread for that.

I hope that helps.