12826847

My car was clamped yesterday for a parking ticket fine back

Customer Question

Hello my car was clamped yesterday for a parking ticket fine back in March a week before lock down i spoke to the guy on the phone and he asking me to pay £310 or he will take my car please advice
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Peterborough
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: Do i have to go to court
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Expert:  Jo C. replied 17 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

who was the original fine from?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi, its was from the Peterborough city council
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Im sorry i dont have the £44 to call you can you advice me on here please
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 17 days ago.

OK, I can do this online.

What is your question about this though?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
my car was clamped yesterday for a parking ticket fine back in March a week before lock down i spoke to the guy on the phone and he asking me to pay £310 or he will take my car please advice
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is matter please they refused to take instalments just want to take the car away
Expert:  Jo C. replied 17 days ago.

Yes, I've read your situation.

What is your question?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
What should i do ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 17 days ago.

To achieve what?

Do you owe the money?

Why didn't you pay it?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 16 days ago.

Without the information I asked for I can only give you a general answer but I hope this helps.

I'm not sure what you are asking really.

You say what should I do. On the face of it you should make arrangements to pay. You seem to accept receiving a parking fine and not paying it. I'm not sure what else could be anticipated than a visit from the bailiffs in those circumstances.

If you tell me why you think you should not pay or even if you do then I will be able to offer more.

The bailiff might accept payment in instalments although usually bailiffs will wants it to be paid off within two or three months.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!”