How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MarianC Your Own Question
MarianC, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 780
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MarianC is online now

Can I register an Enduring power of attorney for a donor

Customer Question

Can I register an Enduring power of attorney for a donor with no family
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Yes I think so
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, it's a simple question. ie, can I go ahead and register an EPA for a donor if they have no other family, other than to notify them.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  MarianC replied 18 days ago.

Good afternoon, thank you for your question.

Expert:  MarianC replied 18 days ago.

I think you mean about the notification of a number of relatives that the EPA is to be registered? In that case you can simply advise the Office of the Public Guardian that there are no surviving family members.

Kind regards


Expert:  MarianC replied 17 days ago.

Can I help you any further?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thanks but I had written ages ago to the platform saying I no longer needed this advice and cancelled the subscription.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
They had said I’d get an answer in ten mins as well! Appreciate your response though
Expert:  MarianC replied 17 days ago.

Oh dear, I am sorry to hear that. Good night.