12826847

Could you please clarify a question on touching? Derby, Bail

Customer Question

Hello, could you please clarify a question on sexual touching?
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Derby
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Bail conditions against father not to see son, 3 ABE interviews of the child, family judge supsending contact
JA: What steps has the son taken? Has he filed any papers in family court?
Customer: he's 5- 3 ABE interviews
JA: Has he talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: who?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is stroking a child's penis sexual touching per se or does it need additional proof. The police officer asked him after arresting him whether this was for sexual pleasure
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
During the father's interview upon his arrest he was asked repeatedly if he stroked the child's penis and he kept asking for clarifications upon which the officer said sexually stroking yes, and at another point she said for sexual gratification. I don't understand how stroking a child's penis can be anythign else apart from sexual touching. Could you please advise?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 22 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 22 days ago.

What is your involvement in this?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I am the mother
- my son disclosed the stroking to me
Expert:  Jo C. replied 22 days ago.

Thanksfor the information

You are not on bail and so in principle youcommit no bail act offence by contacting him.

However given the seriousness of the charge thereis a risk of other offences if you are going to discuss the evidence.

Your statement would have been tendered to thedefence if you were helpful to them . They would have seen your statementanyway and it may very well be that that is why they want you. Ultimatelyyou've only been called to court because the defence want to ask you questionsas otherwise this would be agreed.

As to the issue of whether you have to standwitness, if you try to retract now they will summoned you. This is a murder.

Can I clarifyanything for you?

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a waythat is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will bemore than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once againfor using our services.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Hi Jo, the answer is not relevant really, why do you refer to murder?? I want to know about sexual touching that the father is accused of, as our son disclosed he was stroking his penis in bed. Is stroking of the penis sexual touching in itself or not?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 22 days ago.

I'm so sorry. That answer wasn't designed for this post.

If you give me 20 mins I will find yours.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 22 days ago.

Thanksfor the information

What this should have said is this.

Obviously I cannot say what his account wouldbe. I suppose there may be some reasonsfor stroking a penis that aren’t sexual. Medical maybe. Difficult to say.

But that isn’t really something you need toworry about. All you need to do is concentrateon taking your son to where ever the police direct he should be.

All your son needs to do is concentrate upon tellingthe truth.

Discussing the evidence is very dangerousespecially as you are probably a recent complaint witness.

Can I clarifyanything for you?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Hi Jo, thank you, ***** ***** of discussing the evidence, what do you mean exactly by it very dangerous? That I need to be very careful discussing with my child about it? Or anything else that I should be cautious about? Obviously when he's disclosing information, I do sometimes record him or make notes. What else can I do? Yes I have myself complained for domestic abuse in December, it's true. What can I do, within my powers to handle all these disclosures or sexualised behaviour appropriately?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 22 days ago.

You just really need to concentrate on telling the truth and doing as directed.

Trying to improve anything is very dangerous.

Just do what the police tell you to.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 22 days ago.

Good to talk to you.

No problem.

All the best.

Hopefully,I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. Ifanything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. Inthe meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions.Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’.You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/

Expert:  Jo C. replied 21 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!”