Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I got problem with my previous manager who keep me insult

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I got problem with my previous manager who keep me insult me
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I want to see a solicitor
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing so far
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was dental nurse in this practice for 3 years and left the surgery because of heath issues. Today I called surgery to see a dentist as a emergency but my maneger refused me as a patient which i m register there already because I m not working there any more .
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

Hi there. I am sorry to learn of the situation you are in. What is your specific query in relation to this please so that I can best advise?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I want to se how I can act on my situation legally
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

Thank you. Please clarify in what way; what are you ideally hoping to achieve?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I was wondering if you have had a chance to consider my query above please? I will need your response before I provide an accurate answer to your situation. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

Without the requested information, I can only provide you with the following general response, which will hopefully still answer your query. First of all, I am sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced in your situation.

The surgery has a right to refuse to provide you with their services if they really wanted to. Just because you worked there or you are a registered patient, does not mean that they haver to see you and provide you with their services. After all, they are just a service provider and they have the right to decide who they have as their customers.

The law only gives you protection if you are denied a service due to discrimination. This will happen if they are using a protected characteristic as the reason for not providing their services.

The Equality Act 2010 lists several protected characteristics, which are protected from detrimental treatment. Therefore, if someone is using any of these protected characteristics to treat someone detrimentally, that will likely amount to unlawful discrimination. They are:

- age

- disability

- gender reassignment

- marriage and civil partnership

- pregnancy and maternity

- race

- religion or belief

- sex

- sexual orientation

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.