31090051

Can you operate different brand names and URLs within a

Customer Question

Can you operate different brand names and URLs within a limited company name. For example, I register a limited company name as Davina Retail Limited then launch a merchandising URL and Shopify website with the name Davina the Llama and then a book entitled Davina the llama - revenue for both to be generated through Davina Retail Limited. Thank you.
Expert:  JGM replied 18 days ago.

Thanks for your question. I am an intellectual property solicitor in the UK with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me just read your question and I will either give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond to you as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best answer I can.

Expert:  JGM replied 18 days ago.

Yes, a limited company can have as many brands and web addresses as it wants. Look as an example at Unilever which has many products all under the one company and all with individual websites. There is no difficulty here.

Expert:  JGM replied 18 days ago.

I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything. I am always happy to help. You are always welcome to ask a follow up question if it will help you further.