Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I just want to know about my Human rights. I am 72, Female,

Hi I just want to know about my Human rights. I am 72, Female, been ver unwell since the boring on
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: my 4th child in 1981To cut a very long story short I have proof in writing the NHS has covered up a very serious, rare Diagnosis’ since 2003. After years of he’ll I finally researched my severe symptoms myself, through this. I came across a result of an Endoscopy done 1988! My husband and I went along to GP and asked to see a neurologist but the GP was very angry at this so my husband insisted but the referral this GP (Dr. ZAMAN) gave me was so discriminating (I didn’t find out till long after consultation) it couldn’t be used so the neurologist put on “no casenotes” when I saw neurologist on 1/11/11 ( a Nr Nazir, female) she agreed I needed an MRI but I also requested a test for a very rare illness called Myasthenia Gravis (on
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Sorry that went to quick .....
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yep will carry on... The Neurologist agreed to do M.G. Blood test. When my results got back Dr Nazir only mentioned the MRI results so I waited week and heard nothing about MG so I phoned up secretary and she gave me another app for 7/2/12 whereupon Dr Nazir told me “Sorry, your results were accidentally filed away” but she had tried to get away with me not finding out results. To cut a very long story short, I had MYASTHENIA GRAVIS!

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

You appear to have a claim for medical negligence.

You need to write a letter, set out your losses and request compensation within 30 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 30 days warning before going to Court.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n1-claim-form-cpr-part-7 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

However, I dont think you can get more than £20,000 or so in damages.

You can also seek a Court order for them to treat you as you demand.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.

If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Sorry, thank you soo much for replying, you have been very helpful, I have been unwell all morning thus delay. Let me go over your reply slowly (it’s an age thing ha) will get back to you shortly, Iris.

My pleasure

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Hi, I am very sorry for delay but I had a flare up (Myasthenia Gravis) I was bedridden for yesterday and today. I would like to continue with you Jamie but you will need to be patient, I have to take a day at a time, I have been diagnosed with Sjogren’s Syndrome and Raynaulds Phenomenon, my immune system is suppressed, and has been since 1985 thus the MG etc. are you willing to take me on please.
Can you phone me please?(###) ###-####Iris.

It will have to be tomorrow as its 10.40pm now and I am off to bed.

But you also need to bear in mind that I can not act for you. This site is for general advice only

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Hi Jamie to save time on
Phone will forward some of the story.
At age 33 While pregnant with my fourth baby, the Gp didn’t check my blood as a result if fell to an absurdly low 6.1 (heomaglobin ) which I was told later was absurdly low the go also didn’t even look into reason but this was to trouble me for years to come (this was 1981, it was a nightmare I had 3 children under 10 and a new baby! I could NOT get out of bed. 1985 I went private to the Nuffield in Glasgow my then GP received a Diagnosis for me (I was immunosuppressed and was told my recovery would be slow but gradual I my Gp was instructed to give me treatment but would you believe I was told nothing even though I continued to attend same GP (I DIDNT FIND OUT TILL 2015’! Had I been told my life would have been normal instead I have had NO quality of life since and doctors were sick of me begging for answers.
In 1988 (changed doctor (Dr McKay) who was the 1st to believe
How ill I was (he even tested me for Leukaemia and offered me a wheelchair, I had to turn this down as I had 4 young children AND the illness I had included profound weakness so I couldn’t have worked a wheelchair) but Dr McKay treated me with dignity. He sent me for my 1st endoscopy in 1988) This too would have revealed my future nightmare, sadly I wasn’t told again the diagnosis it stated “WARNING THIS PERSON HAS TO SEEK MEDICAL HELP IN THE EVENT OF PAIN DYSPHAGIA” I found out 2015! (I have to explain, Dr McKay was tragically murdered in his own surgery roughly 1988/89 and his “Partner (a Dr Shona Hamilton was on the scene in minutes but could not save Dr McKay) This event was to impact my future big time) Dr Hamilton took over my case. I was told by GMC’s support Dr Hamilton should not have been working at the time, understandably, I had been treated for OCD in the past and I am afraid this Dr Hamilton saw my very rare severe symptoms as a Rare Depression! I disagreed but also told Dr Hamilton “I don’t care what it is, just get me out of bed!” But she bullied me very badly (when I went alone) even telling me she had spoke to someone in my village! Who told her I was seen at a dance in the bowling club! I had never been
In a bowling club in my
Life! Even if I was she had no right to discuss my case with anyone.She even told my sister (Dr Hamilton had warned me NOT to come alone to appointments insinuating I was DANGEROUS! I had never even spoke back to a doctor! My sister happened to have an appointment the next day so she asked her “what is all this going on with Iris, not to come alone!? Dr Hamilton replied “I am protecting my staff”
This gp also told me “I will make sure you never see another doctor’n” I was terrified for my future as I knew I was very ill physically.
SHE did just that! It is still happening to this day.. when I went through the menopause I improved (because bleeding had stopped) this was now 1992)
So actually took a wee part time job in Tesco, loved it.
But 2003 my illness came back with a vengeance, I had to leave
My job . Attending Dr Hamilton was her tendons so eventually I decided to go into a mental hospital for 20 days whereupon it was discovered through the Dr ‘s believing me and arranged with this Dr Hamilton for me to get a special test via seeing a THORACIC surgeon, I had a Diaphragmatic Hernia and Very significant ACID REFLUX I had to have Major surgery (6hrs) where Doctors had to: ***** ***** left shoulder, deflate my heart, cut my ribs and put my stomach back in place” but it was too late my stomach was damaged too badly, I had had my symptoms too long and they were too severe. It gets worse a lady consultant came into my room (after 4 days in ICU)
Checked my wristband,name and DOB and priceeeded to tell me “YOU WILL NEVER EAT SOLIDS AGAIN” (I was 55) I replied (not cheeky) “No one told me that before surgery” she coldly turned and walked away. I was in that hospital for 10 days and NEVER saw my consultant,Mr Jalawi, again.
(I forgot to mention my stomach was in my chest!)
I was alone and very vulnerable so when I came home I indeed was sick with everything I ate so I phoned Mr Jalawi and told him what this lade consultant told me and was it true HE DENIED IT !
At 2020 I am left (after trying every diet (even baby food) and continually have asked for that lady consultant name and they refused to tell me, through massive research I FOUND HER NAME, Dr Fiona Harrington), wrote to Mr Jalawi in 2019 and accused him with not telling me, I also enclosed a nice letter to be forwarded to Dr Harrington both letters were returned!
In 2011 I found the answers to all my symptoms but all my health records were “taken away” and. consultants involved were told to say lie about my results. It is the Myasthenia Gravis test that has devastated me the most! On 1/11/11 I saw a neurologist (Dr Nazir) she was the one who finally gave me a diagnosis for Myasthenia Gravis (I requested the test) On 7/2:12 Dr Nazir apologised to me and went on t
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Went on to say”your results were accidentally filed away, Mrs Shanks, you have Slightly raised ATINODIES for Myasthenia Gravis! I was both stunned and elated because at last I had a name for my severe disability!
On 3:8/12 a discriminating letter was sent with deliberate intent to harm me by my own GP whom I trusted, to all my Consultants both NHS and PRIVATE (unknown to me))
This was used to stop me getting the truth, it worked, it’s been awful. In 2012 I was struck off by my go a Dr Walker, reason? I was told by patient affairs, Shona Weldon, to ask for a second opinion, Dr Walker shouted: “YOU WONT ACCEPT MY COLLEAGUES’ DIAGNOSIS!” To which I answered “NO! I WILL NOT!
I was left at 67!
2 to 3 months later requested my Health records and found that distructive letter. I was in complete shock.
Jamie sorry I could go on but I have fought for my tights coninually against these doctors but it’s like a giant to e.
My biggest question to ask you:
I was referred to a TOP MG Consultant by Dr Nazir, after she diagnosed me but had since denied telling me) a Dr Farrugia on 15/6/20 I had to be run to appointment lying in the back seat of the car because of weakness but this Dr Farrugia was very hostile when I walked into consultant room, shouting at me “YOU DONT HAVEMYASTHENIA GRAVIS , (I didn’t know at this app letter had been sent and Dr Farrugia was already involved.
But I was sensible to request another blood test, (this was 15/6/22) which she allowed grudgingly, on 19/9/12 Dr Farrugia wrote to mr saying my antibodies were negative, they had indeed DOUBLED.
I could not accept how
One minute I had MG and the next I hadn’t so I went to
My MP. Mr Alex Neil who appealed for me to go t Dt Thomas’ in London (if a dr can’t cure you it is my right to go to St Thomas’) I WAS TURNED DOWN (plus this Dr Farrugia saw to it that I would never be allowed to see another neurologist so my GP Dr. Doran (who is brilliant with me) told me” “”Iris, YOU WILL NEED TO GO OUTSIDE SCOTLAND TO SEE A NEUROLOGIST) so I did at 69 years old and alone I went to a private hospital in Londo through which I attained an MG test
(This Dr Farrugia’s worst
Nightmare) my acetylcholine antibodies had risen again to 0.48nmol/L Toxin bound,
I made the biggest mistake of my life I asked Dr Doran to refere me to this dr Farrugia (to give her the chance to rectify things (the reference range for ACQUIRED MG is 0.05ol/L No one should have more than 0.02nmol/L in their blood) Dr Farrugia states it is .0.05nmol/L. I HAVE 2 NEUROLOGISTS FROM JUST ANSWER. Who have told me “You do have
MG go to your doctor and insist treatment “ I still occasionally deal with one called Dr David but I decided to try a lawyer this time.
Jamie, I know these results
Will
Be unknown to you but I have researched MG since 2012,
I KNOW I have mg.
Anyway I tried to trust Dr Farrugia, me and
My husband went along to see her with my results (2 points under her 0.50 ref. Plus she stated “no casenotes, because the referral was discriminating.
A Diagnosis by blood test is a gold star diagnosis
If it is BINDING it is a Diagnosis. (Mines were always tagged TOXIN BOUMD”
If MESTINON (treatment) works it’s a diagnosis,
NHS trefusr to give me this so I have to buy it at £112 every six weeks.
Dr Farrustatrd my Enzymes were normal (creatinine) these are in fact very low (I went through that surgery in 2012 having MG.
At my appointment (because my husband was present) I asked for another test (I am very niave and vulnerable.
I AM DEVADTATED TO TELL YOU THE RESULTS CAME BACK SND DR FARRUGIA STATED MY TESULTS ARE BACK DOWN TO 0.10NMOL/L toxin bound.!!!!
This cannot happen I’ve had no treatment!
Where do I stand?
I have actually written to this dr Farrugia and told her I am not accepting her result I also know she had sent
Me a fake lab report (she knows I always ask for proof, I’ve had to!
She has not replied. Letter sent roughly November 2019
I have since written to her boss (on the strength of my psychiatrist’s advice) to report her, I did in October 2020 I gave him 20 days to answer- he hasn’t it is over a month now please help me with this nightmare,I
Jamie I am so tired after writing all this, I need to go and rest. Thank you for
So sorry it’s so long.
Thank you for your time. Iris.

You should issue proceedings for negligence Iris.

I hope that helps.

Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience: Solicitor
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Hi Jamie, I have tried but can’t get anyone, I know it’s complicated but sadly true I feel I need to explain from beginning, you can’t fault people, I am fighting the NHS entirely Sloan, I’ve been a devoted mother and helped raise 11 grandchildren even although it put me in bed for days at a time. My own husband has only stated believing me in the past few months and he witnessed it all! I’ve left him 4 times 3 times in rental accommodation but my whole family believed these doctors, it still traumatises me today speaking about it.
I was ill for 30 years Jamie and kept going for my children but when I got the diagnosis in 2011 then the neurologist, Dr Nazir denied telling me, as I said I was alone at the time (because I had left my husband of 39 years, I could not believe him, I begged him to listen to me when my stomach became bad in 2003, his answer “you go sit in the other room!” I actually told him while sobbing “I could get you done for abuse!” I adored this man and him me! I met him at age 14 (he was 26) we courted for 7 years but I had been warned by his sister-in-law he was “very awkward and didn’t treat his mum nice” this did play on my mind but he treated me so well and never showed me any signs of bad behaviour, he is a worker and good provider but he showed me his TERRIBLE temper after our 1st child was born 3 years after our marriage! You don’t even see it coming. I left him a few times and took my children with me but he always begged me to take him back, foolishly I did.
Jamie I have tried 5 times since 2016 to commit suicide , the last time was 2020, January,23rd, I was hospitalised a full week doctors told me I wouldn’t make it because my liver was badly damaged but they saved me. Jamie I promise I will pay you whatever it takes to prove this Dr Farrugia is telling lies! I have all the truth and how badly they treated/abused me! This Dr Farrugia thinks because she is known worldwide that she would get away with it, I’ve told her “I don’t care if you are the Queen, I will not give up. And I didn’t , I have exposed her and my goal is to expose them all. I am very fortunate I could go private BUT THRY GOLLOWED ME THERE! I went away to Edinburgh to see a consultant Private, I was very honest with him from the beginning I paid him £1600 for a procedure called “The Pill Camera” endoscopy “ they got in contact with him and persuaded him to lie! He told me “there was a little blood” so I way to bring you in on the NGS and look again,I went through another endoscopy on 4/2/14 but it was to cauterise the bleeding (he didn’t tell me this, when I went back to see him , he smiled and said “Ibet you haven’t Bled again!” I very surprisingly said “no, I haven’t, how did you know?” He winked and just smiled. I was perplexed but trusted him. One year later I started bleeding again so I sent for me health records again, I found the result of the endoscopy from him it stated “Fresh Bleeding duodenal!” 30 years I had been looking into my chronic Anemia.........,,,,
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I phoned him up and he came from surgery to speak to me, I went through him (his name was Dr Ian Arnott) he begged me to go back to see him at Edinburgh (he gave me an appointment for January,2015, I went along (alone, my husband sat in the car!) dr Arnott did NOT deny it so I gave him a 2nd chance (I needed to, I had no one else) but he continued by pretending he cared but by 2019 I found the truth, the last time was 9/1/20 (My body was soo low with not eating solid food, he only listened apologetically not offering any help so I thanked him and hung up, the next day I had to call 999, I was kept in A & E and put on a drip. I gave his name to the doctor in A & E, he had yet to phone me. Jamie, I need help with a very serious complaint, can you even help me the way forward to complain, if they done it to me, they will do it again to some poor soul who can’t afford to go private, by the way I am not rich I am a good saver and can’t eat for pain (my injuries due to neglect are 91% Acid burns!
Jamie, it’s late, I will let you go, I hope to phone you tomorrow. God Bless you!iris x

You should issue proceedings and sue for the damages. I hope that helps.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi Jamie, how can I reduce my lengthy complaint and still get the seriousness of the matters to be taken very seriously? Thank you.

By issuing proceedings. Once you do that then they are likely to take notice.

I hope that helps.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
What is “proceedings”?

I will repeat what I wrote on 10th November:

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
How do I issue a court order for treatment (very interested in this) thanks.

You would need to plead this specifically in the claim

But the Court can order that.

I hope that helps.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks Jamie.

My pleasure