12826847

I would like to ask how withdraw my statement, London, we

Customer Question

I would like to ask how withdraw my statement
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: we have to attend to the court in two months
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i would like know what’s happen with me if withdrawal my statement
Expert:  Jo C. replied 18 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 18 days ago.

Is this a domestic by any chance?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
that’s is
Expert:  Jo C. replied 18 days ago.

Thanks for the information and the time.

I am sorry but I cannot give yougood news then. I’m afraid you are in difficulty here.

I’m afraid they can be very heavyhanded now. It is not really in thepublic interest in my view.

They will almostcertainly summons you if you are not already. Their current policy is to summons reluctant witnesses.

If you attend courtand resile from your statement they will just put your original statement toyou hearsay

The only realoption is to stay away although they may try to introduce your statementhearsay but it is weaker then. Butequally they may get a summons and arrest you on a witness warrant.

That said, you maybe in luck and they may let you retract.

If there arechildren in the house, social services will very probably investigate though.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position thatyou face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Hopefully, Ihave answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. Ifanything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. Inthe meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Well, I am the victim I and he is d plead not guilty to the offence of Assault by beating
Expert:  Jo C. replied 18 days ago.

Yes?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 18 days ago.

Did you want to know something else about that?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
They ask me if I still happy to attend to the court. But I changed my mind because this has been bad to my psychology
Expert:  Jo C. replied 18 days ago.

Yes.

So the answer above applies.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Which answer?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 18 days ago.

The one that I provided originally at roughly 2 o'clock. I can't copy and paste it at the moment because I am on my iPad

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
But I didn’t understand, because he asked me if I am happy to still going to the court. So even I say that I don’t, they can tell me to go?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 18 days ago.

Yes, they can get a summons and it is their policy to do so.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 17 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!”