How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1499
Experience:  10 years legal experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
John is online now

I have an issue with Job centre, I am receiving universal

Customer Question

I have an issue with Job centre , I am receiving universal credit, but there are so many difficulties and the work they do is abusive , I have mental health issue and the job centre has failed to help they making me worse and needing more medical attention. Please what are the laws regarding universal credit and how can I get help from solicitor regarding this sort of benefit, I am getting harrased and I did make a complain but it is being repeated.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have made a complain things improved but they are getting worse now plus the lovkdown
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is all
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  John replied 20 days ago.

Hello, how are you? Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Please note there may be delays in responding as I am away helping other customers but I will get back to you as soon as I can. I may also need to ask you some clarifying questions to determine the legal position.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Am fine thank, great I will wait for your response
Expert:  John replied 20 days ago.

Thanks for your message, and sorry to hear of your issues.

Hello, sorry to hear of these issues. To check what benefits you could potentially claim, you can use an online benefits calculator to check your entitlement. I have posted links below for 3 of them

Alternatively, you can check if you can get benefits at your local Citizens Advice Bureau which you can locate here You will find all the contact information you need on that link.

If you’d like to complain about any aspect of the service you’ve received, let the office you have been dealing with know as soon as possible.

You can contact them by phone, in person or in writing. When you contact them, please tell them:

  • your National Insurance number
  • your full name, address and contact numbers
  • which benefit you are complaining about
  • what happened, when it happened and how it affected you
  • what you want to happen to put things right

If you’re not satisfied with their initial response, you can ask for your complaint to go to a senior manager and be looked at by the DWP Complaints Team. A member of their dedicated complaints handling team will contact you, usually by phone, to talk to you about your complaint and agree how to investigate it. They will contact you within 15 working days to tell you the outcome or when you can expect a response, if it will take longer.

If you’ve been through the DWP complaints process, received their final response and still aren’t satisfied, you can ask the Independent Case Examiner to look at your complaint. You must contact them within 6 months of getting their final response and send them a copy of it.

I hope this helps and wish you well. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Great, do I need to get solicitor or will it help? Or do I just do these things myself
Expert:  John replied 20 days ago.

You do not need to incur the charges of a solicitor. I would recommend doing it yourself for now, but any issues then please return to Just Answer. I am glad I was able to help. Have a great day.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
You too have a great day
Expert:  John replied 20 days ago.

My pleasure, take care.