ShakraH1031
ShakraH1031,
Experience:  Expert
110600976

I have a quick couple of questions about completing a

Customer Question

Hi there, I have a quick couple of questions about completing a 'Consent Order Application for Divorce. Please can you explain the clause No 10 "Liberty to apply: The parties shall have liberty to apply to the court concerning the implementation and timing of the terms of this order."
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Yes, the Decree Nisi of Divorce was pronounced in the Family Court
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I think it was Newprt, Gwent. sorry, Newport
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just I think to understand that whatever information is detailed on the "Statement of Information for a consent order" if both parties are happy and sign it - that is then the end of the matter and there is no come back from either party? Is it also a public document? Thank you so much for your help.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Just to reiterate: A Decree Nisi of Divorce has been pronounced at the Family Court at Newport on July 28th 2020. I look forward to hearing from you.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Also: The name on the 'Statement of Information' and the 'Consent Application' forms submitted has the middle christian name as 'Caspar' not 'Casper'. Should this be changed or is it not important?
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Just so I can plan my time, is this likely to be be answered this evening? Many thanks.
Expert:  ShakraH1031 replied 21 days ago.

Good evening - welcome to JA, thank you for your enquiry I will do y best to assist you.

I believe you are enquiring about a clean break consent order. Is that correct?

Firstly, all documents submitted to the Court should have the correct spelling, so the spelling error should be corrected.

If the clauses drafted in the consent order provide for a clean break than that is correct, no future claims can be made against the other

Once you have sent all the necessary paperwork to the court, there is usually no hearing and the Judge will approve your consent order to make it legally binding and make sure it is fair. If the judge considers the draft order submitted to not be fair he can ask that the parties to change it.

I hope I have answered your question sufficiently. All the best and thank you for contacting JA.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Thank you for your help. I was rather hoping for more in depth answers. I do have more questions, that I will send tomorrow. Thank you for your help.
Expert:  ShakraH1031 replied 20 days ago.

Thank you for your reply. I would be happy to answer any further specific questions you may have and await your reply. Thank you.