Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

I have a question regarding a contract I signed not knowing

Customer Question

Hi. I have a question regarding a contract I signed not knowing it was a contract as I wasn’t given a chance to read it first.
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: it was in my home. I’m a hypnotherapist so I’m not sure if it’s b2b... though I’m not registered as a sole trader of company
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: well I’ve explained to them the next day that the teams were not suitable to me and they offered a shorter term contract which I have not signed. But they’re claiming that I have to agree to the first contract or sign the new one
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i researched the company and there are many many poor reviews and complaints about the company which makes me more apprehensive
Expert:  Vineet S replied 25 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a practicing solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 25 days ago.

Hi there,

If you have already signed the contract , then you are little too late.

Now you can not terminate it ,without having financial implications.

The other party can claim damages from you for the breach of this contract.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
File attached (SPZ126V)
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Vineet S replied 25 days ago.

Hi there,

Just Answer is information sharing platform in a Q/A format, and is not a substitution for full legal advice.

If you need assistance with any particular clause in that contract then let me know.

you would not be able to find anyone who will go through your whole contract. you need full services of a solicitor.

you can find a solicitor using the Law Society find a solicitor search option here: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk. You can search by town or postcode to find one near you, as well as area of law.