How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2695
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

My son is due to go to court at the end of November in

Customer Question

Hello, my son is due to go to court at the end of November in relation to a covid incident. He pleads not guilty. Can he get representation please?
JA: Where is your son? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Oxford
JA: What steps has your son taken so far?
Customer: Hw sent in a statement to explain and pleaded not guilty and a date was set for trial.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not realky
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Will the solicitor call me?
Expert:  james bruce replied 19 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

If your son is due to appear in the Magistrates court then yes he can seek legal representation.

Depending on the actual offence, and what his income is, would depend on whether he would be able to obtain legal aid, or would have to pay privately for a solicitor. If the matter is going to trial, then he would not be able to use the duty solicitor, he would have to have either legal aid granted, or have his own solicitor.

It may be helpful to instruct a local solicitor who specialises in this area of law. You can find a local firm using the Law Society website.

Once on that website, you can click on the find a solicitor option located just above the Law Society logo. Select quick search, then select the area of law required and enter your post code. A list of local firms will then be displayed.

Expert:  james bruce replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I am just following up on your enquiry to see if I can assist further. Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.