Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

If i have an account with the KNOWHOW for one of my

Customer Question

If i have an account with the KNOWHOW for one of my applicance would you take a compain about them as they are not responding to my repair request
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In South Harrow
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Just called them and they came to see it and said we will come back to fix it in two weeks but nothing as yet since 2 months now
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no i have my dish washer not working and its very smelly
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

What do you specifically want to know about this, please?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

Hello, I was wondering if you have had a chance to consider my query above please? I will need your response before I provide an accurate answer to your situation. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
We both party have sorted out the problem eventually . Thank you.. I am closing my problem , Thanks again
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

Ok thank you and glad to hear it. Just in case you have similar issues in the future, assuming you cannot get the matter resolved with the company and you are forced to get someone else to fix the problem, you can then pursue them for compensation for these extra costs.

If a party wishes to pursue another for financial compensation arising out of a dispute between them, they can potentially do so by making a court claim. However, as legal action should only be used as a last resort, there are certain steps that should be taken initially to try and resolve this matter informally and without the need to involve the courts. It is therefore recommended that the following steps are taken in order to try and resolve this:

1. Reminder letter – if no informal reminders have been sent yet, one should be sent first to allow the other party to voluntarily settle this matter.

2. Letter before action – if informal reminders have been sent but have been ignored, the other party must be sent a formal ‘letter before action’ asking them to resolve this amicably within a specified period of time – 14 days is reasonable. They should be advised that if they fail to make contact to resolve this matter, formal legal proceedings will be commenced to pursue them for compensation. This letter serves as a ‘final warning’ and gives the other side the opportunity to resolve this without the need for legal action. There are numerous templates available online for such letters and a simple search will bring up a list of useful results.

3. If the letter before action is also ignored, formal legal proceedings can be initiated. A claim can be commenced online by going to https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome. There will be a fee payable, which depends on the amount that is claimed. The other side will eventually get a copy of the claim and they will have a limited time to answer it. They could accept it and pay what is owed, they could accept it only in part and defend the rest, or they could outright reject it. They could also completely ignore it, in which case judgment will eventually be entered automatically against them. Also, it is worth noting that the simple act of submitting a claim could show the other side that this is being taken seriously and prompt them to consider negotiating a potential solution to stop the claim progressing further, such as offering full or partial payment of the amount sought in the claim.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I was asked to pay £5.00 which will be refunded. i havent received any refund
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No thank you but i said before that i have already sorted out the issue i had. so please kinldy refund my £5.00 thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I am just an independent user on this site, in the same way as you are, which means that unfortunately I have no involvement in the billing side of things. If you need to query anything to do with billing, charges or membership, please contact the site’s customer service team directly. You can find their contact details by following this link:

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/contact-us

Hopefully, they will resolve any issues you have to your satisfaction.