Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

Not sure how to go about small claims---how much will it

Customer Question

not sure how to go about small claims---how much will it cost me--will I get results----been trying to get my refund from a travel company for over 6 months now
JA: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: thankyou--will I get my expenses back from the company when its over
JA: Where is this? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?
Customer: The company is Love Holidays---office is in London. LH cancelled my package vacation in April 2020 due to Covid. Requested my airfare refund in April---still waiting over 6 months
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Lots of emails, phone calls to them but nothing legal--yet!!
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I know I am with hundreds of other people with this same issue with LoveHolidays. I am a pensioner, 70, they are keeping my money which amounts to stealing in my eyes---I just want MY money back--thankyou
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 16 days ago.

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays.

Given the Package travel holidays rules you are entitled to a full refund for the service given it was cancelled through no fault of yours. Further payment should have received your refund within 14 days following cancellation.

Therefore since you are still waiting for your refund it appears court proceedings may be required.

Before court action can be considered a letter before action should be sent to the company. I have attached a template for your consideration.

Amend and send the letter to the company. After 7 days contact the company to check they have received the letter and ask for payment.

Do you understand what i have stated so far? if yes i will proceed to the next step.

Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 15 days ago.

I assume you understood what i have stated.

Therefore in the event you do not receive a response by the deadline date you should consider court action.

with regards ***** ***** action, please return to JA and we can assist you with the process as the procedure can be expensive if you get it wrong.

Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 13 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify the answer given.

Thanks and stay safe.