How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2732
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

I just wanted to ask a simple question, I scotland, Police

Customer Question

I just wanted to ask a simple question
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Police have been involved with my 13 year old granddaughter and a 23 year old female who took her away overnight when she was brought back by the police her neck was covered in love bites we were told by police there was nothing they could do?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: She was further taken away last weekend and brought back at 3 in the morning very drunk, i should add she has adhd
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  james bruce replied 22 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

The police would need evidence and proof as to who made these marks on your granddaughter. If she will not tell or speak to the police, then there is little they can do.

The drunk issue, they could look into as the adult would be responsible for the child in their care.

The same however could be said of the Childs parents and for allowing her to be out at that time obviously not under control.

If you have concerns regarding the safety and welfare your granddaughter it is something you can raise with social services.

Unfortunately, the police themselves have limited powers and resources and if they can find no evidence or the "victim" will nt speak to them their hands are pretty much tied.

Expert:  james bruce replied 22 days ago.


Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Thank you for your response although not what i wanted to hear but you are expert,thanks again
Expert:  james bruce replied 22 days ago.

If you can speak with your granddaughter and get her to open up and make a compliant, then the police can act.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance.